Cetane Rating: CFR F5
The Waukesha CFR F5 engine is one of the world’s most widely used diesel fuel rating instruments for cetane number determination, and the only one that conforms to both ASTM D613 and ISO 5165 fuel specifications. Pioneered by GE’s Waukesha gas engines, this innovative technology enables engine operators to be confident that the diesel fuel they use meets its advertised cetane number and is safe for their engines.
Features and Benefits
- User-friendly operation: Robust, easy to set up system with automatic controls.
- Efficient operation: Fuel flow rates, injection timing and compression ratios all may be adjusted while unit is operating.
- Automatic data recording and graphic report generation: Preserves data integrity and allows direct data access, data sharing and archiving.
- Fully integrated digital controls for safe operation: Robust protection. Integrated shutdown system, visual status with alarms, automatic event log.
- Electronic maintenance log: Easily record oil changes, carbon blasting, cylinder installation and routine maintenance.
- Full range of diesel fuel testing: Compression ratio range of 8:1 to 36:1.
The CFR F5 provides consistent, accurate fuel ratings for refineries, independent labs, engine manufacturers and regulatory agencies worldwide.
Accurate definition and measurement of a fuel’s characteristics enables manufacturers to design engines for optimal performance and durability.Consistent, accurate test results also provide assurance that the fuel will meet performance expectations in engines for which it is formulated.