Clean Cycle 125
Every day, heat is released into the atmosphere from boilers, generators, exhaust stacks, ovens and kilns in industries such as waste management and processing, metals, mining, lime and oil. GE's Clean Cycle* 125 kW heat-to-power generator can turn that heat into reliable, base-load electricity. The conversion process, called the Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC), generates no additional emissions and requires no additional fuel ... just heat.
Features & Benefits
- One unit generates up to 125 kW of electricity (gross).
- Modular, so multiple units may be used for power generation, if additional heat from boilers, industrial processes, and other heat sources is available.
- Runs entirely on heat. No incremental fuel is required, and no additional emissions are generated.
- Increases the efficiency and output of reciprocating engines, turbines, and other power generators.
- Variable speed and power to run continuously on varying degrees of heat inputs.
- Power electronics automatically match the voltage and frequency of the electrical grid, making it simple to sell the power or offset local power costs.
- Non-flammable, benign working fluid.
- Magnetic bearings in the power generator enable minimal maintenance.
GE's Clean Cycle heat-to-power generator can generate electricity from a wide range of small-scale heat recovery applications including:
- Reciprocating engines
- Biomass boilers
- Exhaust streams with greater than 600 kW
* Trademark of the General Electric Company