Jenbacher J624 Two-Stage (4000 - 4491 kW)
In response to a growing global demand for high-efficiency, simple-cycle power generation, GE introduced the world's first two-stage turbocharged gas engine, the Jenbacher J624. More economically practical than gas engines with single-stage turbocharging, the J624 with advanced two-stage turbocharging is based on proven technology from the automotive industry and GE's Type 6 gas engine design concept to deliver higher output and increased efficiency. In addition, the engine is particularly suited for operation in hot environments, and in multiple engine power plants for independent power production and combined heat and power (CHP) applications.
Features & Benefits
- Two-stage turbocharging increases power density by 10%
- 4.4 MW electrical output is achieved at 1,500 rpm
- Capable of up to 90% total efficiency
- Maintains full output at high ambient temperatures and altitude
- Excels in large engine projects and CHP
- Low specific fuel consumption reduces operating costs
The J624 two-stage turbocharged runs on natural gas, and is designed especially for combined heat and power application and for operation in hot and humid environments.