Jenbacher Type 2 (300 - 350 kW)
Introduced in 1976, GE's Jenbacher Type 2 gas engine offers high efficiency power in the 300 to 350 kW range. The robust design and stationary engine concept provides excellent component durability and a service life of 60,000 operating hours before the first major overhaul. Optimized components and a proven control and monitoring model give the type 2 engine outstanding reliability.
Features & Benefits
- Optimized combustion for maximum efficiency
- Turbocharger bypass to even out extreme operating conditions
- High-performance long-life spark plug for reliable operation
- Knocking control to compensate for methane number fluctuation
- LEANOX* lean burn control ensures minimal emissions
- Compact engine control with integrated network synchronization
GE's Jenbacher Type 2 gas engines can be designed as generator sets, cogeneration systems, or a container. Depending on customer specifications, a variety of gas types can be used to increase overall efficiency levels, reduce industrial emissions, and optimize the integration of all available engine-related heat sources.
- Applicable heat sources include engine cooling water, oil, mixture gas, and exhaust gas
- Customers can dispose of environmental pollutants from landfills, agriculture, chemical, and mining sites, while using the gases for power generation simultaneously
- Applicable gas types include: natural gas, associated petroleum gas (flare gas), propane, biogas, sewage gas, landfill gas, coal mine gas, and other special gases (e.g., coke, wood, and pyrolysis gases)
* Trademark of the General Electric Company