Waukesha VGF (165 - 880 kW)
For nearly two decades, Waukesha*'s VGF* line of engines has consistently performed under extreme conditions in a wide range of both power generation and gas compression applications.
The VGF* series of high-speed engines are built with the durability expected from a medium-speed engine. Designed for a wide range of stationary, spark-ignited, gaseous fueled applications, the compact VGF engine has a high power-to-weight ratio operating up to 1800 RPM.
See GE's Waukesha* gas engines Service Support microsite for more information.
Features & Benefits
- Operate on a wide range of fuels, from 400 to 2300 Btu.
- High altitude turbocharger allows operation up to 5500 feet (1676.4 meters).
- Quick load step capabilities allow for optimal operation.
- Versatile fuel pressure variances – configure as draw-through for low pressure, or blow through for higher pressure fuel.
GE’s Waukesha* VGF* Series of engines are available in 6-, 8-, 12- and 16-cylinder configurations and are offered as either a bare engine or custom-packaged Waukesha Enginator generator set for a variety of applications, including gas compression, mechanical pump drive and oilfield power generation.
Waukesha’s VGF was structurally designed from the inside out to deliver continuous output bringing versatility to every application by offering the widest variety of options. The VGF Series of engines are built with industrial strength to handle continuous high rpm to 1175 horsepower.
* Trademark of the General Electric Company